** help...

Jim Dunn nol2321 at dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil
Thu Aug 23 01:08:01 AEST 1990

Well, I appreciate ALL the suggestions that everyone has made.  You've truly
opened my eyes to my own ignorance, actually you've opened my eyes to my
typos...  You see, I was typing the program in from reading a bad program
listing.  Most of the (int *)'s WERE (int)...  So, now I've written a small
sample demo program, using all the suggestions, and will explain my use...

This **int matrix is for use with a direct screen write project.  Instead of
declaring a **char, I want to use a **int since the PC SCREEN is set up with
an attribute byte and then an actual character byte.  Such that:

	int **junk;

	junk[1][3] = (attr<<8) | chr;

OK?

I won't bother you with a net posting of the source samples, but if anyone
would be interested in giving it a look see, please e-mail me and I'll ship
you the source.  It's a new implementation of Curses using direct screen
write...

Jim
jdunn at dsac.dla.mil