Determining C Complexity

Peter M. Jansson petej at ssg0.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 00:35:42 AEST 1990

In article <2600 at dataio.Data-IO.COM> bright at Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) writes:
>I'm arguing against using metrics at all. If you're limited in resource,
>decide to review the newest code, or the most critical.

Has anyone really run a study of how code metrics correlate to
maintenance costs?  Something like "In this module, the complexity was
high, and we had to make more changes to it after delivery" for a
reasonable size system would be helpful.

Data like these would help to determine in what circumstances metrics
are useful.

By the way, how does one define "most critical?"