Turbo C

Dennett Jaques dennett at usage.csd.unsw.oz.au
Sat Aug 4 22:27:36 AEST 1990

G'day there,

I am having a small problem with some functions in Turbo C 2.01 relating
to 'gets' and 'scanf' when in graphics mode.

The program runs fine on EGA VGA displays but the same code when run on
Hercules equipped machines causes small lines of scattered pixels to be
displayed across the top half of the screen at the point where 'scanf' or
'gets' are called. Additional pixels appear as keyboard input is processed
by these functions. No characters are echoed to the screen at this time
although they should be, EGA and VGA OK here.

On the other hand if I program using 'getch' in place of the above - this
works for all types of graphics cards.
But this method is too sloppy.

The above code first uses 'InitGraph' to determin display hardware.

Anybody have any thoughts?

  Cheers.

  Dennett Jaques.

   ,-_|\     Network Analyst             E-mail: dennett at usage.csd.unsw.edu.au
  /     \    The University of N.S.W     Phone:  +61 2 697-2324
  \_,-._* <- Sydney, AUSTRALIA           FAX:    +61 2 662-8665

                         When I want my employers opinion,
                               I'll give it to them.