Make file Utility for PC

Martin Weitzel martin at mwtech.UUCP
Sat Feb 24 11:39:32 AEST 1990

In article <851 at ucs.UAlberta.CA> TCOLLINS at ucs.UAlberta.CA writes:
>that can handle the syntax notation of make on BSD 4.3 Unix machines?
>If not public domain then of any commercial product that has this
>capability.  I am looking for this to be used in porting Unix programs
>over to OS2.

I don't know, if there's any specific in BSD make (not contained in
older versions as found on SysIII and SysV), but some time ago, when I
bought Turbo-C for MS-DOS, I not only got a very reasonable compiler for
a very reasonable price, but was also very surprised, to find a full blown
make a la UNIX.

(TC-Users note: I'm *not* speaking of the "project files", which
are a simplified aproach to achieve a similar goal as with make.)
--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin at mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83