Shouldn't ANSI have provided nonvolatile instead of volatile?

Jeff Aguilera jeffa at hpmwtd.HP.COM
Wed Feb 14 02:44:58 AEST 1990

>                                 The few things that *were* X3J11 inventions
> are among the worst botches in the standard.

I couldn't agree more.  ANSI C should codify existing practice, rather than
introduce a new language with subtly different semantics than K&R.

And they should not have mucked with so many include files.

Thank God they backed down on noalias!  But why did they keep trigraphs?
-----
jeffa