#define OR ||

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Sun Feb 4 10:46:42 AEST 1990

In article <1933 at gmdzi.UUCP>, Georg Wittig writes:
: bill at twwells.com (T. William Wells) writes:
:
: >EQ is relatively harmless, but also pointless. There are better
: >ways to make sure you don't substitute an = for an ==.
:
:         Please do tell me those better ways.

Well, besides using a compiler that checks for them, writing a
tiny program to do the checking for you is one. Such programs
aren't a big deal to write; a simple sed script might be enough.

Now, I don't make enough of this particular error to make such a
program worthwhile for me; but you may. Writing such scripts,
personalized for your own gremlins, is a good way to deal with
them.

:
:                 const == variable       instead of
:                 variable == const
:
:         is *not* better for the following reasons:

Ugh, I agree.

---
Bill                    { uunet | novavax | ankh } !twwells!bill
bill at twwells.com