Re^2: Why nested comments not allowed?

Steve Friedl friedl at mtndew.UUCP
Tue Feb 20 18:35:00 AEST 1990

Three different people have noted:

1> You can have some subtle errors with nested comments.

2> You can have subtle errors with "flat" comments.

3> Considering the subtle and potentially dangerous errors possible
3> with both nested and unnested comments, I've about decided that
3> I prefer end-of-line-only comments, a la Ada.  Or are subtle
3> errors possible here too?

Compelling arguments all: perhaps it is safest not to comment at all?

    Steve :-)

P.S. - Some people I know must have >mighty< reliable code...

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561 voice   /   friedl at vsi.com   /   {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

"Winning the Balridge Quality Award is as easy as falling off a horse." - me