ANSI-fied headers for gcc

David J. MacKenzie djm at eng.umd.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:45:43 AEST 1990

In article <25EAFC22.967 at paris.ics.uci.edu> rfg at ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) writes:

> Whenever the GNU C library becomes available, it is my understanding that
> it will come with a set of include files of its own.  I can only hope that
> these will be tested with g++ (and with cfront) and that they will be
> compatible with those.  (I'm willing to help test for compatability when
> the time comes.)

I've seen the development sources to the GNU C library.  It is ANSI
(and POSIX) conformant, but uses some clever ifdefs to generate
prototypes on __STDC__ and declarations on traditional C compilers.  I
haven't tried using it with C++.  Roland McGrath is taking great pains
to make it portable, though.

> Also, one must assume that when there is a GNU kernel, that *it* will
> also come with its own include files.  Again, I hope that these will be
> provided in a form that is compatible with gcc, g++ and cfront.

The GNU kernel will probably be based on Mach, for whatever that's worth.
--
David J. MacKenzie <djm at eng.umd.edu> <djm at ai.mit.edu>