open this package and you're stuck with it

Stephen M. Dunn cs4g6ag at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
Tue Feb 27 06:43:35 AEST 1990

In article <48a44d7c.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM> nelson_p at apollo.HP.COM (Peter Nelson) writes:
$   [ some wise-ass is bound to point out that you don't really
$     buy the software, you just buy a license to use it.  Fine,
$     whatever.  So if I'm not satisfied with my license then
$     I ought to have the right to return it for a refund.   ]

   If your laws are like they are in Ontario, then you do _not_ have
a right to return anything for a refund.  If a store offers refunds,
that's just fine and dandy, but there is no such legal requirement.
Things may be different in other provinces or states, but that's the
way it is here.

Stephen M. Dunn                               cs4g6ag at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
          <std_disclaimer.h> = "\nI'm only an undergraduate!!!\n";