open this package and you're stuck with it

James R Vallino jrv at demon.siemens.com
Fri Feb 16 01:37:06 AEST 1990

In article <3733 at paperboy.OSF.ORG> hankin at sauron.osf.org (Scott Hankin) writes:
>nelson_p at apollo.HP.COM (Peter Nelson) writes:
>    I don't know how they work this out with the actual producers, because some
>    of them don't offer any guarantee at all (MacInTax, for example - although
>    I might be able to see the reasoning there) and I believe that it is up to
>    the vendor just how much guarantee they offer.

The way PC Connection "works" this out with the producer is by sticking a label on the
outside of the package which says "if you open it you're stuck with it.  Go
complaint to the original company".  That's what was on the Microsoft Quick
C product which I just bought.

Jim Vallino	Siemens Corporate Research, Inc., Princeton, NJ
jrv at demon.siemens.com
princeton!siemens!demon!jrv
(609) 734-3331