Re^2: Why nested comments not allowed?

John H. Remmers remmers at emunix.emich.edu
Tue Feb 20 03:48:24 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb19.143619.17663 at uncecs.edu> utoddl at uncecs.edu (Todd M. Lewis) writes:
>In article <7330017 at hpcllak.HP.COM> shoe at hpcllak.HP.COM (Jim "Shoe" Schumacher) writes:
>>You can have some subtle errors with nested comments.
>
>You can have subtle errors with "flat" comments.

Considering the subtle and potentially dangerous errors possible
with both nested and unnested comments, I've about decided that
I prefer end-of-line-only comments, a la Ada.  Or are subtle
errors possible here too?
John H. Remmers            | Internet: remmers at emunix.emich.edu
Eastern Michigan University| UUCP: {ames,rutgers}!mailrus!clip!emunix!remmers
Dept. of Computer Science  | voice:(313) 487-1225