TurboC again

ORCUTT at cc.utah.edu ORCUTT at cc.utah.edu
Thu Feb 1 14:52:18 AEST 1990

I don't know if this is the problem, but I had a
similar problem with a MAKE I use.  A makefile had
the line

     maketbl < table.def > table.c

in it.  When MAKE was compiled under uSoft C 5.1, the
program spawned the above line (using spawn, not system,
I think).  When spawned, the computer hung, waiting
for input from the standard input device.
I think that spawning from uSoft C doesn't run
COMMAND.COM, but just runs the binary, maketbl in
this case.  COMMAND.COM does the redirection; without
it, "<" was passed as an argument to maketbl, which
ignores arguments.  I'm not sure that this is the
problem mentioned, but it may be.