scanf() and float problems in Turbo C 2.0

Nelson Minar,??? minar at reed.bitnet
Wed Feb 28 16:09:44 AEST 1990

I apologize: I know this problem was just asked on the net, but I cannot seem
to find the old articles that pertain to it.

I am using scanf() to input doubles (%lf) in a Turbo C 2.0 program. When it
tries to do the scanf() there is a runtime error:

scanf() : floating point formats not linked. Abnormal program termination

(or something very similar)

how does one force the TC linker to work around this bug, from within the IDE?
Does it have something to do with how I have the project set up? (the program
that does the scanf() doesn't do anything fancier with floating points than
divide them, and the declarations involving doubles are in a header file)

please mail the answer: the net has already seen this question once..

thanks!