open this package and you're stuck with it

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Fri Feb 16 03:44:28 AEST 1990

[redirect this thread to comp.misc]

In article <10760 at saturn.ucsc.edu> daniel at saturn.ucsc.edu (Daniel Edelson) writes:
> Limiting software to a particular period of time or number of
> executions appears difficult, especially on PCs, but even on
> workstations.

A particular number of executions, I can believe. But a particular period
of time is no big deal. Everything you send through the mail or buy in a
store is timestamped (either via the cancellation or on your receipt), so
allowing people a 30 or so day trial period seems fairly easy. Other goods
are sold that way.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \