log10(8)

Charles Hannum CMH117 at psuvm.psu.edu
Wed Feb 28 07:30:54 AEST 1990

In article <MEISSNER.90Feb27104552 at curley.osf.org>, meissner at osf.org (Michael
Meissner) says:

>| Try printf"%lf",l);  after all l is declared to be a double!!!!!!!!
>
>Sigh.  Printf is a varargs function.  This means that there is no way
>a 'float' can be passed to it.  Thus %f and %lf are synomous.....

As I don't have access to my copy of K&R2 until Monday, could you please point
me to a specific reference?

BTW:  I know of at least one compiler that *does* pass floats as floats, not
      doubles.

Virtually,
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"
  cmh117 at psuvm.{bitnet,psu.edu}  "No noozzzz izzz netzzzsnoozzzzz..."
  c9h at psuecl.{bitnet,psu.edu}    "Mem'ry, all alone in the moonlight ..."