C++ from Microsoft???

Cay Horstmann horstman at sjsumcs.sjsu.edu
Sat Feb 3 18:41:11 AEST 1990

In article <329 at wattres.UUCP> steve at wattres.UUCP (Steve Watt) writes:
>Borland's beta release is imminent?  That's good.  Maybe they'll get
>a debugged version out by the time Microsoft releases...  But I doubt it,
>since I have yet to see a debugged Borland product.  Mind you, Microsoft
>ain't a lot better, they are better.

I don't think that is quite fair. For example, Turbo Debugger is a LOT
better than CodeView. And the beta-test of their new C compiler (the one
with the -P option which will compile C++ 2.0) comes a Turbo Debugger
that knows about classes and inheritance. Unlike Zortech, it has a
virtual 386 mode driver (or unlike Microsoft, for that matter--you need
a third-party add-on, Magic CodeView, to run CV in a virtual machine on
a 386.) Are you listening, Walter?

I think Borland is really going to beat Microsoft this time around.

Cay