qsort() - HELP

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Tue Feb 13 01:55:54 AEST 1990

After going over the manuals more times than I'd like, I still can't
figure out how to get qsort() (S) to operate.  The example shows
something like:

	void qsort(base, nel, width, compar)
	char *base
	unsigned nel, width
	int (*compar)()

Is base supposed to be an array?
nel & width are self-explanitory
What is compar() looking for or how is it assigned?

The objective is to sort an array of strings in alpha order and then
be able to read them.  So far I'm getting is core dumps.

Any help, suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks
Scotty
------
AIDS INFORMATION EXCHANGE BBS      (214) 247-2367/247-5609
               "Education is the best weapon"
     {ames,rutgers,texsun,smu}!attctc!ozdaltx!sysop