open this package and you're stuck with it

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Fri Feb 23 06:43:57 AEST 1990

In article <6394.25e39baf at pbs.uucp> sdroppers at pbs.uucp (Seton Droppers) writes:
> Cars, microwave ovens, VCRs, etc. all have something
> tangible to return -- it is really hard to return a VCR
> and continue to get use out of it.

This is a friend-of-a-friend story, but I have met the principals. There
are people who will buy a video camera, use it to record a birthday or
other event, then return it to the store claiming it was too complex
for them to figure out (or some other excuse). I would say they get more
use out of the resulting tape than someone who's got the latest version
of all the hot applications neatly filed away on floppies.

Nobody copy-protects video cameras.

The solution is to convince people that piracy is equally slimey.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \