Re^2: Why nested comments not allowed?

Leo Hinds leoh at hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com
Thu Feb 22 00:58:17 AEST 1990

schaut at cat9.cs.wisc.edu (Rick Schaut) writes:
> ...        In short, a compiler for a language that doesn't allow nested
>comments is _much_ faster than a compiler for a language that allows them.

That is probably true ... but if I remember correctly TC allows you to use
nested comments (If you tell it to let you) ... and yet TC is not all that slow.

leoh at hdw.csd.harris.com                  H    H     i                 d   sssss
L        eeeee    oooo                   H    H          nnnn     ddddd   ss
L        eee     o    o                  HHHHHH     i    n   n   d    d     ss
LLLLLL   eeeee    oooo                   H    H     i    n    n   ddddd  sssss