Can you help (was Jumping then jumping back again)

Huw Roberts huw at xstuart.siesoft.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 04:37:34 AEST 1990

I remember there was a discussion a little while ago on coroutines/
lightweight processes and portable ways of implementing them in C.
I think the original subject was "Jumping then jumping back again".
I wonder if someone would be good enough to send me a summary of the
conclusions of the mail thread since I do not believe we have any way
of getting access to an archive of the discussion (we are not on
Internet and have no access to ftp or niftp).

My interest stems from the fact that I have implemented a "portable"
way of handling multiple lightweight processes in C.  The code works
unchanged on MS/DOS, BSD4.2 and SYS5.  If anyone is interested, mail
me and I will send the source.

Apologies if I am covering old ground/reopening old wounds here.

Huw.
Name  Huw Roberts                   Siemens Plc., System Development Group,
Mail. huw at siesoft.co.uk             Woodley House, 65-73, Crockhamwell Road,
Tel.  +44 734 443068                Woodley, Reading,
Fax.  +44 734 698874                Berkshire, RG5 3JP  England.