USING FORTRAN/IMSL LIB. FROM C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Feb 17 04:29:52 AEST 1990

In article <Feb.15.22.58.45.1990.11984 at amalthea.rutgers.edu> majmudar at amalthea.rutgers.edu (Keyur Majmudar) writes:
>I am trying to call an IMSL subroutine (qdags) [in FORTRAN] from a C
>program, but I have not been succesful in doing so.
>I keep on getting an error "Unresolved symbols .... - symbol : _qdags"

You need to look in your Fortran manual to find out the details of linking
Fortran to C on your particular system.  (It is almost impossible to give
specific advice without knowing your machine or operating system.)  Often
to call Fortran routine "foobar" you need to call something like "foobar_"
from C.  Also, parameter-passing conventions are often different.  You
usually can't just call Fortran subroutines as if they were C functions.
--
"The N in NFS stands for Not, |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
or Need, or perhaps Nightmare"| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu