chronic source of confusion in C

Cliff Joslyn cjoslyn at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
Fri Feb 16 15:52:22 AEST 1990

In article <22550 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:
>As for the lattermost question: I suspect that yes, many people who
>teach C do not understand how C arrays work---that is, do not understand
>that C arrays are, at best, second class citizens; that there are no
>array values, only array objects.

This posting comes at a very opportune time for me: I am a new C
teacher, and I begin arrays (not pointers yet) next week, with much
trepidation.  Chris, I have read your postings with much interest, but
am sure I don't have your Complete Story of Arrays and Pointers.  If
this is a good time to repost something like that (complete yet
concise), I would be greatly appreciative, and the net might welcome it
as well.  Perhaps you have something prepared to post.  Or, email would
be welcome.

Thanks.
--
| Cliff Joslyn, Cybernetician at Large, cjoslyn at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
| Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton, Box 1070, Binghamton NY 13901, USA
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .