Legal uses of lex & yacc

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Feb 23 06:45:16 AEST 1990

In article <292 at xyzzy.UUCP> kan at tom.dg.com () writes:
>>I just looked; none of these files contain copyright notices.
>
>Hmmm.  I just looked at another machine (i386 running 386/ix) and its
>version of those files have no copyright notices in them.

This is largely irrelevant.  Pieces of Unix are covered by nondisclosure
agreements that are part of the licenses.  Such agreements do not require
any form of notice in the files.  (In fact, some readings of the laws at
some times in some places have concluded that copyright notices imply
publication, which voids nondisclosure agreements!)  The license also
contains a clause obliging you to make all your users comply with it too,
as I recall.
--
"The N in NFS stands for Not, |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
or Need, or perhaps Nightmare"| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu