common bugs in C programs

Roland Rambau roland at cochise.pcs.com
Fri Feb 2 04:04:03 AEST 1990

malkie at hpqtdla.HP.COM (Malcolm Rix) writes:

->in the common firmware group we have been collecting a list of the most
->frequent problems:

->(1)  Misinterpretation of number bases (i.e. 0x12 != 12 or 0x01000 != 8).
->(26) Misunderstanding dereferencing of things like *(a->b).

my favorite :-) selfmade error:

  (n+1) Not declaring an external float function as extern _float_ when the
        returned value is never used ( this doesn't matter e.g. on the vax,
        but yields a bogus stack when porting e.g. to the apollo :-)

             I know that You believe You understand what You think I said, but
             I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant.

Roland Rambau

  rra at cochise.pcs.com,   {unido|pyramid}!pcsbst!rra,   2:507/414.2.fidonet