Typeof operator in C (Re: An Interesting View of "Strong" Vs. "Weak" Typing)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Mon Jan 15 03:28:13 AEST 1990

[ Note, I frequently leave off attributions where they're not needed,
  on the theory that you're less likely to flame a discussion if you
  don't know the principals. Is this to be a discussion of ideas or
  of personalities? ]

I said... what would typeof() return for some complex structure. This
being the typeof that returns a first-class object, not the typeof from
GCC

> `struct _T_aaa' or something similar.

You mean it would return a string? That's an interesting idea. I would have
expected it to return a small integer of some sort. You know: _T_INT,
_T_CHAR, _T_DOUBLE.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \