The 12121 check digit algorithm

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Sun Jan 7 06:42:09 AEST 1990

In article <1473 at mdbs.UUCP> wsmith at mdbs.UUCP (Bill Smith) writes:
: >From: doug at xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt)
: >Since you gave no copyright notice (which is required to say "copyright"
: >along with your name & year of publication), this is now public domain.
:
:According to information disseminated by my University, US copyright law
:does not require a copyright notice to assert copyright (although it helps).

Mr. Smith is correct here: until recently a copyright notice was required
to assert copyright, but that was changed last year by the terms of the
Berne Convention.

(I'm not a lawyer, just someone who has a lot of copyrighted material to
be concerned about...)

--
David Sandberg             dts at quad.uucp or ..uunet!rosevax!sialis!quad!dts
"What's the difference between 12-bit and 16-bit?  A lot more than 4 bits!"