Help with DESQview API C library/DESQview (side note)

Steve Croft sc at qmet.UUCP
Wed Jan 3 02:19:13 AEST 1990

This is just a side note about Quarterdeck support.  I had very bad
experiences trying to get support for their API.  It seems that
Quarterdeck is mostly geared for supporting third-party DESQview
applications and not the API.  That would be okay if they at least
provided *some* API support.  Apparently they have one API *expert*
and he seems like he really doesn't want to answer support questions
(lotsa one-word answers and so forth).  I even had to point out to
him some basics about message-passing using system memory (there are a
couple of ways to implement message passing in the API).

The project I did was a one-shot job using the API to connect two
users to an SNA/SDLC network.  Out of about 10 calls to Quarterdeck, 1
call was useful.  The others were along the lines of "I don't know".
I ended up not calling them at all and just working the thing out on
my own.

If there are enough API programmers out there, it might justify a new
newsgroup.  There is a definite need for some user support for the API.

Steve