Ada speed vs. C...

Wayne Wood woody at eos.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 05:56:05 AEST 1990

In article <8347 at hubcap.clemson.edu> wtwolfe at hubcap.clemson.edu (Bill Wolfe) writes:

>          Sun/Unix 3.2 C on a Sun 3/160
>          GreenHills C on ISI optimum V machine
>          Gnu C on a Sun 3/160
>          MASSCOMP C on RTU 3.1, NC-5700 machine
>
>MASSCOMP had the best C compiler, our Ada compiler only beat it by a very
>small margin.

somebody said there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.  i don't see any
stats here.

why don't you post the complete table and let us make our own decisions?

as it is, we have to take your word for it... not very good salemanship.

*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody at eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/