New(?) encryption algorithm

Michael McClary michael at xanadu.com
Sat Mar 10 09:23:07 AEST 1990

In article <1877 at bruce.OZ> alanf at bruce.OZ (Alan Grant Finlay) writes:
>I have written an encription system for personal files on an IBM-PC compatible.
>[]  Included in this article are a source program for the system in C,
>The source code "crypt.c"

You should be aware that "crypt" is used on unix systems to refer to
a particular utility (a one-rotor Enigma variant) and a particular
subroutine (the DES-variant used for password encryption).

Naming your source file "crypt.c" invites the same sort of confusion as
naming a home-brew editor "vi", "ed", or "emacs", and may tend to bother
unix hax.  You might want to find another name.