C Community's Cavalier Attitude On Software Reliability

Garrett A Wollman gwollman at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Tue Mar 6 13:50:19 AEST 1990

In article <2169 at sunquest.UUCP> ggg at sunquest.UUCP (Guy Greenwald) writes:
>We're not dealing with a nice person here,
>nor a reasonable one, despite the veneer of intellectuality. The
>discussion he provokes can be useful, however, as long as one
>realizes that one will never convince Mr Wolfe. That's not what he's
>about.

Even worse, he fiddled his address so that now I have to
put a
/wolf/h:j
into my ~/News/comp/lang/c/KILL file.  Not very nice indeed.  Now,
anyone who writes an article about how wolves interact with
far pointers to functions returning characters, will be ignored. :-)

-GAWollman
"..."
(got that, that was a "smiley")

--
"All societies are based on rules to protect pregnant women and children.
 . . . As racial survival is the only universal morality, no other bases