Macro help

Mike Percy grimlok at hubcap.clemson.edu
Sat Mar 10 00:33:05 AEST 1990

Thanks for the help.  People have told me some things and I have fiddled
more until I realized that, syntacticly (sp?), trying to do something like
x = (y,z)   (assign x the value of z, after also evaluating y) is not allowed
to have y be a statement, only an expression.  Thunk!  I knew better than
that.  So I'll be trying to figure out a better alternative.

Again:

#define INPUT() ( {do stuff until(0);} , value I really want)

x = INPUT();

simply doesn't cut it.  Life would be much easier if { statements } had a
value.

But wait, what if I switched to ADA?? Would I be saved from this horror?
Would life be sweet and would I make 44.3% gains on my IRAs?

Oh yeah, one preson correctly guessed why I wanted to do what I was trying to do(COBOL is not a fun language to write a standards-checker/formatter for!)