problems/risks due to programming language, stories requested

Jeff Clark jclark at SRC.Honeywell.COM
Tue Mar 13 02:58:08 AEST 1990

In article <775 at s5.Morgan.COM> amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:

   This stuff doesn't belong in comp.lang.pascal. It goes in comp.lang.c,

Actually, I don't think it belongs in any of these groups.   This "discussion"
seems to have no end and no reasonable resolution since the antagonists
arguments are based on personal opinions, preferences, and emotions.  I've not
seen anyone quote studies of the influence of "human factors" in programming
language design nor has any one proposed such a study as a useful outcome of
this recent flame war (although I must admit I'm wearing out the 'n' key on my
workstation).

comp.lang.religious-wars anyone?

Jeff Clark	Honeywell Systems and Research Center	Minneapolis, MN
inet: jclark at src.honeywell.com		tel: 612-782-7347
uucp: jclark at srcsip.UUCP		fax: 612-782-7438
DISCLAIMER: If you think I speak for my employer, you need serious help ...