yacc sorrows

Zed Smith zed at mdbs.UUCP
Thu Mar 1 02:58:51 AEST 1990

In article <751 at s5.Morgan.COM>, amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
) In article <647 at mwtech.UUCP>, martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
) > In article <22529 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:
) > >(Incidentally, this is another thing that does not really belong in
) > >comp.lang.c, but in this case there *is* no appropriate group, so I
) > >have not attempted to redirect followups....)
) >
) > Do we need comp.lang.yacc?
) >
) Yes, or something like it. The group should not be devoted only to C
) (yacc-lex-bison-flex-...) but to language construction techniques in
) general.
)
) Also: There will be a 'name the baby' crisis here. comp.lang.yacc
) seems to have no claim to be preferred over comp.lang.bison, or
) comp.lang.lex, etc..

) Andrew Mullhaupt

I think comp.lang.antlr would be an unbiased and fair name since antlr is
non- commercial and as fresh off the press (or soon to be).  (Ask
parrt at ee.ecn.purdue.edu)

Zed Smith
pur-ee!mdbs!zed
zed at mdbs.UUCP (?)

(Yes this is a cheap advertisement for antlr, but I'm pretty sure antlr will
be free so I don't feel guilty.  (By the way, MDBS doesn't have any idea
what antlr is either, so they aren't benefiting from this either.))

"antlr" is pronounced "antler"