loops in general

Roland Rambau roland at cochise.pcs.com
Tue May 8 22:51:25 AEST 1990

CCDN at levels.sait.edu.au (david newall) writes:

->Why not call a spade a spade?  If you want an unconditional loop, then
->use a goto.  It suffers no apparent ambiguity; it needs no optimisation;
->and it exactly expresses what you want.

If I want an unconditional loop, I use a loop-statement!

( and I #define loop as for(;;) --
I too have seen while(1) to result in larger code )

The trouble with goto is that You need to introduce a name for the label,
while with for(;;) the brackets are sufficient. And from Murphy's law
follows: If you have a label, somebody will falsly jump to it.
Roland Rambau

  rra at cochise.pcs.com,   {unido|pyramid}!pcsbst!rra,   2:507/414.2.fidonet