C obfuscator

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue May 29 01:37:54 AEST 1990

In article <12546 at netcom.UUCP> ergo at netcom.UUCP (Isaac Rabinovitch) writes:
>>I am looking for a program (or emacs macro) which will translate
>>C code into unreadable but functionally equivalent code...
>
>I don't think I care for your purposes...
>Such greedy double-dipping is beneath contempt.

Don't judge his purposes by your local bad examples.  The usual alternatives
to distributing obfuscated source are distributing only binaries (usually
for machines you don't have) or not distributing at all.  Which do you prefer?
--
As a user I'll take speed over|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
features any day. -A.Tanenbaum| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu