#define DEBUG... (using printf for debugging)

mdivax1!robinson mdivax1!robinson
Wed May 9 10:32:53 AEST 1990

In article <12814 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <1990May8.183211.2661 at mdivax1.uucp> mdivax1!robinson (Jim Robinson) writes:
>>Isn't the use of __LINE__ non-portable?
>
>I guess it depends on your definition of portable.
>The C standard requires that __LINE__ be supported by every conforming
>implementation.

Is this the ANSI C Standard? An admittedly cursory look thru a copy of the
K&R C manual (first edition) did not produce any mention of __LINE__.

And, is __FILE__ required to be supported?
--
Jim Robinson
{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!mdivax1!robinson