How do I make my program beep.

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun May 27 10:08:08 AEST 1990

In article <3472 at umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> halam2 at umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Haseen Alam) writes:
> The K&R says that '\a' is an alert (audible bell), but how do I use it to
> make my program beep?  All my attemps were vain!!

On what machine?  You should ask this on a machine-specific newsgroup, like
say comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer.  How you get a beep is *highly* hardware-
dependent.  My Sun-3/180 can't beep at all (although most of the terminals
attached to it can).
--
Life is too short to spend    |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
debugging Intel parts. -Van J.| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu