Help:Test if drive is ready in Turbo C

Ken Isacson kji at vpnet.chi.il.us
Fri May 25 19:55:04 AEST 1990

Can anyone out there suggest some code in TURBO C that would do the
following:

  1.  Detect if drive is ready with a disk.

That is is it.  I have tried using INT 13 with various variations, with
little success.  I am writting a program that is going to be reading
in info from a floppy drive, and if a disk is not inserted into the
drive and the drive door closed, the Abort, Retry, Ignore prompt comes
up and ruins my display.  There must be a much more graceful way
of doing this.

HINT - what I want is something similar to FastBack where it detects if
a disk has been changed, and then continues with the backup/restore
process.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

PS - to the person providing the best solution, they will receive a
     free registration to my product that is in developement!