Internationalisation, setlocale(

Bob Stout Bob.Stout at p6.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org
Fri May 4 15:58:54 AEST 1990

  Perhaps this is why ANSI uses the category as the first argument to
setlocale(). In my implementation, you could simulate a Quebec locale by
calling setlocale(LC_ALL, "USA"); setlocale(LC_TIME, "FRANCE");. Once set this
way, retrieving the locale using localeconv() would  fetch a locale that
looked like American English, but with the week days and months, etc. in
French. (Yeah, I know that Quebec is more complicated than that - I merely
used it as an example. I also support non-integer (second-specified) time
zones, and other oddball stuff folks requested from various parts of the
world.)