Frequently Asked Questions file will not exist

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed May 9 01:49:07 AEST 1990

In article <4084 at muffin.cme.nist.gov> libes at cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) writes:
>Many of the questions are better addressed in the literature already.
>If your answer is so breathtakingly masterful or comprehensive, then
>you should publish it so we can refer to it in the future.

Unfortunately, the reason the abbreviation "RTFM" exists is that people
*don't read* the literature.  The usual result of this is that they post
a query and it provokes two weeks of discussion, much of it ill-informed.
I really do think a frequently-asked-questions list, containing *information*
and not just references, is useful; the trouble is that compiling it is a
lot of work.
--
If OSI is the answer, what is |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
the question?? -Rolf Nordhagen| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu