Yacc (or is that Yucc?)

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Oct 2 03:53:51 AEST 1990

In article <4746 at monu1.cc.monash.oz> ins624y at monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  r.   walker) writes:
>   At the moment I am attempting to write a parses for integer
>infix maths formulas, using that dynamic duo Lex and Yacc.

Pardon the cynicism, but this wouldn't happen to be a homework assignment,
would it?

Recommended reading is "The UNIX Programming Environment", by Brian W.
Kernighan and Rob Pike, Prentice-Hall 1984.  Chapter 8 discusses doing
almost exactly what you're after.

Being cynical again, beware that your instructor has undoubtedly seen
K&P and will recognize a straight copy from it. :-)
--
Imagine life with OS/360 the standard  | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
operating system.  Now think about X.  |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry