long identifiers

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Oct 24 03:02:23 AEST 1990

According to poser at csli.stanford.edu (Bill Poser):
>I'm talking about code entirely under my control...

Today.

>...and which given its nature (it requires graphics facilities,
>a mouse, lots of memory, etc.) is extremely unlikely to be ported
>to old machines.

Yet *some* routines will certainly be useful on old machines.

>From my wall:

"10.  Thou shalt foreswear, renounce, and abjure the vile heresy which
      claimeth that 'All the world's a VAX', and have no commerce with
      the benighted heathens who cling to this barbarous belief, that
      the days of thy program may be long even though the days of thy
      current machine be short."

    -- "The Ten Commandments for C Programmers" by Henry Spencer

--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed