To ANSI or not to ANSI (was: Re: Just a minor new twist on free())

Paul Kohlmiller paul at u02.svl.cdc.com
Wed Oct 10 04:31:55 AEST 1990

pds at lemming.webo.dg.com (Paul D. Smith) writes:

>Some people mentioned that ANSI compilers are not in widespread use
>"yet" (but hey, grab & port GCC and there you go!), and we should wait
>until they are -- I ask, when will this be and how will we know it's
>time?
I don't know when but I think we know how we will know that it is  time. It
will be after NIST approves a validation suite and then the phrase ANSI-
conforming might mean something.

--
     // Paul H. Kohlmiller           //  "Cybers, Macs and Mips"         //
     // Control Data Corporation     // Internet: paul at u02.svl.cdc.com   //