Fortran Main with C I/O

Patrick F. McGehearty patrick at convex.COM
Wed Oct 3 02:12:35 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct2.124559.19410 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter S. Shenkin) writes:
>No one here has mentioned just why or how the POSIX standard mandates that
> C IO can't be used with a Fortran main.
>
>How/why does this limitation arise in POSIX?
--------
The problem with C I/O in a Fortran main apparently was an implementation
problem for some vendor's version of POSIX.  It is certainly not a
requirement of POSIX.

Convex offers POSIX, ANSI C, and allows C I/O with a Fortran main.

Speaking as user/customer rather than a vendor, I would complain to my
vendor if C I/O used to work with a Fortran main and it stopped due
to a POSIX upgrade.  I would expect most vendors to fix this sort of problem
in the next release if not sooner.

Speaking for myself,
	Patrick McGehearty