Just a minor new twist on free()

Floyd Davidson floyd at hayes.ims.alaska.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:51:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct26.154315.26612 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <119 at nazgul.UUCP> bright at nazgul.UUCP (Walter Bright) writes:
>><... ( Mess - DOS doesn't count as a system (:-) ).
>>
>>If other systems are so superior, why aren't their programming environments
>>up to the standards of the MS-DOS world?
>
>Because they don't have 10^10 mindless lemmings buying them and thus
>underwriting development costs.

Not to mention that "up to the standards of" seems to apply to mindless
programmers and their idea of "standards".  My perception of comparing
UNIX to MS-DOS as a programming environ is that one has a lot of frills
and no meat to it.  The latest "thing" for MS-DOS doesn't hold a candle
to what UNIX was 5 years ago, much less today, when it comes to getting
some work done.

Floyd L. Davidson   floyd at hayes.ims.alaska.edu    floydd at chinet.chi.il.us
Salcha, AK 99714    connected by paycheck to Alascom, Inc.
When *I* speak for them, one of us will be *out* of business in a hurry.