Data Structures Book?

Duane T. Mun mun at hpcc01.HP.COM
Thu Oct 4 02:52:58 AEST 1990

In article <2996 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
(Kartik Subbarao) writes:

>There are many "gods" out there who have written books on data structures
>and the like. A good one is "Data Structures in C", by Robert Sedgewick.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is this title correct?  I haven't seen this.  I think he has a book titled
"Algorithms in C".

>(But then Sedgewick is a faculty member at Princeton and I just might be
>plugging him because of that :-) Seriously, though, its a good book ).

Thats ok.

>I think that there HAS to be one written by Tennenbaum, because he has
>written so many other books on the topic.

There is.

>If yo go for classical, you might want to check out Wirth or Knuth.

No, too much (I don't mean money).

>Data structures are fun at times...

Hmmm...

Are you (or anyone else reading this) familiar with the following authors
or titles:

  Data Structures: An Advanced Approach Using C
    Esakov/Weiss, Prentice Hall, 0-13-198847-6

  Data Structures Using C
    Tenenbaum/Langsam/Augenstein, Prentice Hall, 0-13-199746-7

  Data Structures and C Programs
    Van Wyk, Addison-Wesley, 0-201-16116-8

Thanks for your help

-- dtm