Data Structures Book?

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 2 23:40:18 AEST 1990

In article <990002 at hpcc01.HP.COM> mun at hpcc01.HP.COM (Duane T. Mun) writes:

>I'm looking for a data structures book covering the typical stuff (lists,
>trees, stacks, queues, sorting, searching, ...).  I would prefer one using
>examples in C.

There are many "gods" out there who have written books on data structures and
the like. A good one is "Data Structures in C", by Robert Sedgewick. (But then
Sedgewick is a faculty member at Princeton and I just might be plugging him
because of that :-) Seriously, though, its a good book ). I think that there
HAS to be one written by Tennenbaum, because he has written so many other books
on the topic. If yo go for classical, you might want to check out Wirth or
Knuth. Data structures are fun at times...

				-Kartik

>Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks
>
>--

(I need a new .signature -- any suggestions?)
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet
kartik at silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)       -|
SUBBARAO at PUCC.BITNET			          - Bitnet