Comparing strings... (long but maybe worth it)

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:12:19 AEST 1990

In article <11488 at alice.att.com> ark at alice.att.com (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>> >I imagine that further optimizations are possible...
>
>> Definitely. ...
>> [optimization description deleted]
>
>Neat!  And you haven't even unrolled any loops!

If I find time in the next few days, I may post a followup going further!
It has occurred to me that if you look at it from the right angle, even
the radically-different approach I alluded to can be derived by source
transformations.  (The required angle is about 137 + 56i degrees. :-))
--
"...the i860 is a wonderful source     | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
of thesis topics."    --Preston Briggs |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry