Which C compiler: TC or MS? ==> MIX

BBS login bbs at bluemoon.UUCP
Sat Oct 6 08:07:04 AEST 1990

catfood at NCoast.ORG (Mark W. Schumann) writes:

> Also, the MIX utility that they've included to convert .OBJ files
> to the .MIX format will sometimes give the error message "Could
> not process threads."  What's a thread?  Tech support says that
> Turbo assembler causes threads.  I don't use TASM.  Oh.  Okay,
> use MASM.  But what's a thread?....

I used to have similar problems with the MIX utility, but I eventually got
the thing to work right. The problem was not specifying some segment
directive in the assembly file. The 8086 has a lot of these, and you need
to remember them all to get it to work right. What I do now is to just
look in my TASM manual, copy all the directives and write in my own
subroutine. A good discussion of these bizarre directives can be found in
the docs for Eric Isaacson's A86 assembler (shareware).

 (We now return you to your regularly scheduled C program)