Fortran Main with C I/O

Bill Thorson thorson at typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
Tue Oct 2 08:50:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct1.155217.24452 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> hirchert at harriett.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kurt Hirchert) writes:
>In article <1990Sep21.132232.11305 at DRD.Com> mike at DRD.Com (Mike Rovak) writes:
>
>This "solution" works only if you are willing to give up using Fortran I/O.
>There are a number of people who want to be able to use _both_ Fortran I/O
>and C I/O.  (In the future, similar issues may apply to error handling and
>memory management.)
>--
>Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert at ncsa.uiuc.edu
>National Center for Supercomputing Applications

  On our Sun we have built in C calls named f_init() and f_exit() to alow
FORTRAN io.  I'm not sure about all Sun compilers but I have used it and
it seems to work alright.

Bill Thorson

#!/bin/sh
echo Bill Thorson                   thorson at typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
echo Dept of Atmospheric Science    +1 303 491-8339
echo Colorado State University
echo Ft. Collins,  CO  80523        Cray||Sun||Amiga -- I can't decide?